Atlas Shrugged is one of my favourite books. People say it is the most influencial books of the century. I have some points for and against it. Readers may decide how much truth is there in this statement.
1. I agree with most of the ideas presented in the book.
I agree with the writer’s quote ” The worst kind of man is the man without a purpose.”
The writer expresses that getting of the undeserved is against human moral which the truth yet unaccepted.
Lastly the tramp’s view that no one
should give up without a try is an Universal Truth.
2. The plot is really interesting
and the ideas are presented in a very convincing way.
3. The society is described fairly enough.
4. I do appreciate the writer’s way of describing events.
1. The book is too long to read. One idea is repeated over and over and very few can have the patience to read the book.
2. The whole book seems to be fitted around one idea. The ideas are not fitted around real life.
3. Rearden’s treatment of his mother is unacceptable.
4. The perfectness of the protagonists is very unnatural and quite unacceptable.
5. The way in which Rearden became an industrialist should have been described. People’s life doesn’t change from labourer to millionaire so easily.